Random Thoughts For Thursday

- Things are slowly coming together again on this little blog of mine - thank you for sticking with me! I've been having a hard time keeping up with my blogging this year for some reason. Perhaps I've taken on too many tasks that my mind just isn't up to it? I'm really not sure. I did know for a fact, that I was still unhappy with the look of this blog. Although changes have been made, I'm still not 100% happy with it. I think I might consider switching over to Wordpress with the goal to try and finally get the clean and simplified look that I want. Any thoughts on Wordpress vs. Blogger?

- Work has been dragging a lot lately... they say the recession is over, but I'm thinking that it's going to take a very long time before things are back to where they were business-wise. I'm not liking how slow it is still. On top of everything we're creeping up on inventory time. I have to come in to work Saturday morning for mandatory pre-inventory setup, then next week after working the whole week, we start counting at 4:30 Friday and work until about 9:30pm... then have to come in next Saturday as well!

- On a positive, C only has 3 more weeks of his internship left after this one. 3 WEEKS!! We are almost at that point that I thought would never come! I keep my fingers and toes crossed daily in hopes that his current employers realize what a great contribution he's made in his short internship and want to hire him on come March 12! The sooner he gets a job, the sooner he can move his butt in with moi! :)

- Not sure if any of you are following my running blog, but I'm happy to report that I hit a major milestone last night! I just completed my 6th week (of 9) of the Couch to 5K training program and ran for 25 minutes with NO walking! This is quite the feat since 6 weeks ago, I thought 2 minutes was tough. I am now only 5 minutes off of my first big goal.

- LL @ Home is off to a great start! The shop has been open for only 1 week and I already have 2 sales! Thank you so much!! I'm going to do my best to branch out and add new and different items asap.

Anyway, sorry for being sort of a Debbie Downer lately! I promise things will pick up once I'm through this dreaded inventory time at work.

Comments

2 Responses to “Random Thoughts For Thursday”

basia said...
February 18, 2010 at 5:44 PM

I used blogger before, but I really like how "professional" wordpress feels in comparison...it does seem more "simple, clean", though there are some things I miss about blogger, too, and sometimes wonder about going back..Is this like with hair? How we're never happy with what we have and want curls? lol

Laura&Chris said...
February 19, 2010 at 1:49 PM

i think this is like with hair! oh how i wish i could have curls! lol... i can't change my hair, but i can change my blog! ... i am currently toying with wordpress. Tidbits From My Mind just might be moving!